Things To Do
Activities in the Area
We proudly share here a list of many of the great activities, tours and experiences, guided or self-guided that you can enjoy when visiting our area or while staying at Quinta GALEON Lodge.
We present them summarized into 4 flexible categories:
- WALKS / HICKING / TREKKING
- CITY / TOWN CULTURAL & RURAL LEISSURE TOURS & ACTIVITIES
- DAY TRIPS OUT OF QUINTA GALEON / RETURN TO QGL FOR DINNER
- Full Day of Bird / Hummingbird Photography at Quinta GALEON Lodge
- The Hummingbird Experience at Quinta GALEON Lodge
- Private Birdwatching & Photography mixed Tours
- Private Birding/Hummingbird Photography Workshops
- Quetzal Observation & Photography Tours (several locations)
- Guided Visits to Los Quetzales National Park
- Private-Guided Birdwatching Tours / Led by Naturalistic Guides
- Private-Guided Highlands Daytime Birding Tour
- Private Guided Nighttime Birding Tour at Quinta GALEON Lodge
WALKS / HICKING / TREKKING / CAMPING
- Self-Guided Short Walks Options at Quinta GALEON´s premises.
- Self-Guided Hicking Tour Options at Quinta GALEON´s premises.
- Private Guided Walks (3 levels: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced)
- Hicking Waterfalls Tour
- Hicking Waterfalls Tour + Camping
- Hicking Paso Coyote
- Hicking Forrest Guided Tours
- Trekking Sukia Route
- Trekking The Savegre
- Trekking Los Caciques Route
TOWN / LOCAL CULTURAL & RURAL LEISSURE TOURS & ACTIVITIES
- Coffee Tours, excellent options in Town
- Coffee Tours at nearby Rural Communities Coffee Farms
- Historical Tour / Costa Rica “Civil War” 1948
- La Cabuya Tour
- Highlands Fruit Tour
- Tour of Dota´s old houses and history
- A Visit to a Comprehensive Farm Tour
- Costa Rican Rural Cuisine / Typical Rural Foods
- An afternoon at Dota´s great cafeteries:
Dota Coffee Coop & Don Cayito´s Coffee Shop
- Sightseeing Driving Tour The Saints Area
- Private-guided Wellness Activities in Town
- Self-guided or Private-guided Wellness Activities at Quinta GALEON Lodge
- On demand – custom-made Sightseeing Tours within the area
DAY TRIPS OUT OF QUINTA GALEON / RETURN TO QGL FOR DINNER
- Irazú Volcano
- Cartago (Old Capital of CR) / Cachí & Orosí Valley
- Day-trip to San Gerardo de Dota
- Tour to Central Pacific Beaches
- On demand – custom-made Birdwatching Tours outside the QGL area
- On demand – custom-made Sightseeing Tours outside the QGL area
For specific information on each of the above options and booking all the above services, tours and activities, just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or vía WhatsApp at +506-8321-0081.
We will be more than happy to help you, setting up and booking your Things To Do wishlist.
Rural Community Tourism
New travelers are now looking for the most sustainable traveling options, i.e, places that are COVID safe or present a very low risk of COVID cases, as well as exciting and relaxing communities that can really offer them experiential workshops, wow, relaxed and connecting experiences.
They have in many instances, a clear preference for rural environments, and furthermore, in search of unique experiences and visiting places that will allow them to support local employment and benefit rural communities with the proceeds they will leave behind with their more conscious tourism.